Hello again, my intrepid readers. I thought it might be useful for me to compile a post full of links pointing to a variety of Chilean things: all the trip photos, my favorite days in Chile, &c. So here we go!
If you want to see all the decent photos I took on my Chile trip, here is the Chile Trip Flickr set. Beware: it’s almost 800 photos. There’s a handy-dandy slideshow-view option at the upper right.
If you’d like to see just the photos from Valparaíso and its adjacent friends, there’s a Central Chile Flickr set. There’s also a special set for my trip to the Atacama Desert, my trip to Argentina, and my trip down to Patagonia.
If you’re one of my three faithful readers but you’d like to retrace my travels, or if you didn’t have a chance to read the blog the whole time and would like to read some highlights, here are some notable blogposts and things I did:
- Oct. 26: My first trip to the countryside in Limache
- Nov. 3: Sweet dogs and Spanish learning
- Nov. 5: An unexpected trip to the circus
- Nov. 12: A visit to the botanical garden
- Nov. 21: Swimming in glittering waves
- Nov. 29: A boatride in Valparaíso’s bay
- All the things I did in the Atacama Desert
- Dec. 13: Rafting and ziplining in Argentina
- Dec. 15: Crossing the Andes Mountains
- Dec. 18: La Sebastiana (Neruda’s house)
- Dec. 25: Christmas Day in the country
- Dec. 28: Museums and Valpo hill-exploring
- Dec. 30: Assorted street performers
- Jan. 3: A cartoonist’s museum, and more hills
- All of the things I did in Patagonia, also
- Jan. 17: Isla Negra (another Neruda house)
- Jan. 20: Leaving Chile
V. and I wrote back and forth several times after my return. At the end of one of her emails, she included a sentence which I thought quite lovely: Algun dia encontranos nuevamente. El mundo es pequeño cuando hay amor (“Someday we will meet again. The world is small when there is love”).